Having damaged skin, which can be caused by anything from acne to lifestyle choices, can really take its toll on your self-esteem and leave many people looking for an aesthetic solution. Medical micro-needling aims to reverse any issues your skin might have and make it more even, youthful and firm.
APSARAS Clinic in Coventry is one of the leading West Midlands skin rejuvenation clinics, offering patients from across the Midlands top cities such as Birmingham and Derby, individual treatment plans and a tailored approach to aesthetic medicine.
Medical micro-needling is a non-surgical cosmetic treatment that aims to vastly improve the look of scarring, which can be left after the skin conditions such as acne. It is one of the best ways to clear up the skin without surgical intervention.
What is medical micro-needling treatment like?
- Medical Micro-needling treatment involves rolling tiny needles on to the facial tissue in order to precisely puncture the skin.
- This controlled damaging of the dermis promotes faster healing times and the production of collagen helping to reduce the visibility of scars.
- Medical micro-needling treatment is a relatively quick treatment that requires little recovery time and can produce rapid results.
- Although it is strongly suggested that patients attend between 4 and 6 sessions of medical micro-needling for optimum results, in some cases patients have reported results from the first session. Although this is not something that happens in most cases, a visible improvement should be seen relatively quickly for almost all patients.
- During a course of medical micro-needling, each session should be at least four weeks apart. This is to allow the skin to rejuvenate and heal. Treatment can be uncomfortable but pain can be managed during and after treatment if necessary.
Is medical micro-needling treatment risky?
Of course, medical micro-needling treatment comes with minor potential risks involved, as with all forms of non-surgical skin rejuvenation treatment. The main risk involved with medical micro-needling treatment is infection, but the chance of this happening is minimized dramatically if your treatment is performed by a fully qualified cosmetic professional.
Patients may also experience some bruising, swelling and bleeding as a result of their treatment, but it should begin to subside within 1-2 days. A solution will likely be offered post-medical micro-needling treatment to help repair the skin.
Who is medical micro-needling suitable for?
Medical micro-needling can be incredibly beneficial to the right patient, and is often very helpful to patients suffering with acne scarring. A consultation with the APSARAS Clinic team of experts is required to determine if this form of skin rejuvenation treatment is suitable for you.
Dr. Thevendra, a Cosmetic Doctor at APSARAS Clinic in Coventry, specialises in anti-ageing and skin rejuvenation treatments such as medical micro-needling. Specialising in non-surgical cosmetic treatments, and has a specific interest in medical micro-needling, particularly in combination with other non-surgical cosmetic treatments.
Dr. Thevendra says: “Medical micro-needling is a great treatment that allows patients to address their problem skin head on. All cosmetic treatments can have a profound impact on patient’s confidence, but medical micro-needling in particular is great at this because many of the patients who undergo the treatment have struggled with their skin and/or scarring for years.”
Booking your medical micro-needling treatment
If you would like more information medical micro-needling, or any other non-surgical cosmetic treatment, book your consultation with Dr Thevendra today and begin your journey to flawless skin. Offering patients from Coventry, Birmingham, Derby, Leicester, Solihull and Worcester the best anti-ageing and skin rejuvenation treatments available, if you’re considering dermal fillers, muscle relaxing injections or skin peels, booking your FREE consultation with the APSARAS team is the best way to make that step forward.